CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Be impressed

I'll admit it; I'm kind of a dork. (and all God's people said "Amen!") I really like the show Jeopardy and would gladly watch it for hours. Unfortunately, it's only on for half an hour each night and that half an hour happens to be the same time Jack likes to go to bed. Since I'm a good mama I choose the kid over the silly trivia game show.

But the other night, the little darling had gone to bed early and I got to watch it. Remember how I said I was a dork? Well, it gets worse here. Right before final Jeopardy (you know, the part with the song) they show the final Jeopardy category. For funsies my family likes to guess what the answer will be just based on the category; the question hasn't been shown yet. They showed the category and it was "Award Namesakes." I could really only think of a few off the top of my head: Nobel, Pulitzer, Caldecott, Newberry, etc. So I guessed Newberry and Nate guessed Pulitzer.
Y'know what? I was right! The question was something like "the author of such and such book published in 17-something or other, this award is given to the best children's book every year." I got it. I won. Be impressed

4 comments:

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

I am impressed to the max, Giordi! You are such a little Miss Smartie Pants! No wonder my mom likes you better than she likes me. :)

bethany said...

oh dear...sometimes i think you might be nerdier than me. but you'll never be as WHITE as me. ;)
hope jackie is feeling better....

Kim said...

Hey there doesn't it stink it's getting cold babies are too cute to have clothes on! but as far as clothes go... I like Childrens Place, Target, a little Gymboree (if not too themed and on sale:)) and Kohls. Hope that helps!

Sarah said...

ahem...it's time. It really is. It's been over a month. You may post a new entry now.