CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Carols

We sang "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" today at church. Love that song. They lyrics are so worshipful and I just get lost in the gorgeous music and beautiful tradition. 


Isn't it amazing the the Lord of creation chose to come to earth to save us from the muckiness that we've made? And that he chose to come as a baby in such a dumpy place? I mean really, a stable??

Since I've had Jack it makes me think about all of these things with a fresh mind. How must have Mary felt? Can you imagine watching the Savior of the world learn to crawl? And putting him to sleep each night? It's so humbling. He chose to become helpless to help me.

Wow. There really are no words. I hope you all have time to reflect on this incredible season. Joy to all!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

All your words are so true Giordi and what a difference a child makes in our lives. We begin to understand the love and devotion Mary had for our savior and the heartache she must have felt at times. (Never thought about watching him crawl =)

What an amazing event that we celebrate-for He is the reason!!

J said...

Giordi - I love how you're letting Jesus teach you so much about Himself through little Jack. I love you and miss you!

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Giordi I love that song too! It definitely puts things into perspective as far as what's most important! Thanks for reminding us all what Christmas is really all about. :)
I still haven't seen Jack.... I'm thinking it's about time now. ;)Love ya!