CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Getting it done

About a year and a half ago, Nate and I bought our house that we lovingly refer to as "the dump." And when we bought it, it really was. Initially, we worked really hard to fix her up. We ripped out carpet, refinished floors, painted inside and out, redid the trim,  and remodeled the bathroom and the kitchen. (and since we only have one bathroom, that meant we were using Nate's parent's trailer when our's was out of commission. In Februrary. It was cold.)

So  we've obviously done a lot of work, however, we have the tendency to almost complete our tasks. Right now the kitchen floor is almost done, as is the trim in several rooms. But the thing that has been bugging me the most is the hallway and connecting door frames. The people who lived here before us must have had terrible taste because they painted all of the trim the most puke-inducing shade of green. Flat, dirty, gross green. And I've been meaning to get around to painting it for over a year. It's finally happening. When I told my mom yesterday that we were going to get it done she said, "Oh, your dad will be so relieved. I'm not sure why, but he's been really stressing out that it's not finished." Thanks, Dad!
My dear MOL came up yesterday to help paint everything and the woman is a champ. (To be more accurate, I was helping her.) So, we've painted the hall and primed all the trim. She's coming up today to finish. Yea! I'll be sure to let y'all know how it goes, as if you really care about the state of my hallway. At least my dad and I will be happy it's done.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh it's so good to know that Josh and I aren't the only people who don't complete a task!

We've been here 8.5 years and we still have partial trim in some rooms, some puke inducing green in others...it's amazing.

I'm excited for you! Post pics!

Cassi @ Stop And Smell The Roses said...

Happy Birthday Giordi Bess! Hope it's a great one!!! :) Kiss that baby for me. xoxo

Sarah said...

Giordi! It was so fun to meet your husband and Jack on Saturday! Jack let me hold him and he didn't cry and he made me want a little boy really really bad! So adorable. You did a good job! :)