CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

MIA

   Yeah, it's been a while. We've been out of town a lot and life just really hasn't been very interesting besides our little trips. All three of us went down to Gray's Harbor for Nate's aunt's 50th birthday party, then Jack and I went to the Oregon Coast to play with my college friends (more on that later), and this last weekend we all went to the Leavenworth area for a family reunion.

   Other than that, our life has revolved around trying to get our rotten child to sleep. It is my goal this week to get him to eat normally and after that, we're working on the sleeping thing. The little angel has decided that he wants to hang out in the middle of the night, not to eat or anything. I think he just misses us. It's not as sweet as it sounds. We have to get him to start sleeping more before I go back to school or else I'm going to be one cranky, tired teacher.
   Those of you without kids must be thinking, "Wow, she's a little obsessive about this whole sleeping thing! Isn't that what her last post was about? Get a life, lady!" And those of you with kids are probably nodding in sympathy as you read. At least I hope you are. I can't have the only non-sleeping child out there.
  I just wanted to let y'all know we're still alive and kicking (mostly at about 1:30am) and that there will be more exciting posts to come. Sarah, I hope you're satisfied. I posted again.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

LOL, yep, I'm satisfied. :)

Sorry about Jack. Totally know how that goes. Really wish number 2 kid was like number 1 kid when it comes to the sleeping thing.

Ali enjoys going to bed at 9 in her own bed but come 2 am she thinks it's time to sleep with Mama and I'm not the biggest fan of that.

So, good luck to us both in getting our babies to sleep!

Kim said...

So when was little Jack born? Yea I thought Navie was doing great, but now she is back to waking up 2x a night and her naps only last about 45 minutes! Sleep is forever an issue - just once it gets good you go out of town, they cut a tooth, they have a growth spurt, they get sick, etc and your back at ground zero. I feel for you with Bronx I always would feed him, but if he wouldn't go back to sleep on his own in the middle of the night I let him cry it out. (But this was when he was over 6 months) Anyhow I've read lots of sleep books my favorite is Jodi Mindell - but heck what do I know my kiddos aren't great sleepers:)

Mandy Mucci said...

I love you, I'm sorry Jack is still having such a hard time. You are a GREAT mom and I know God will inspire you and Nate with loving ways to deal with Jack's recent non-sleeping habits.