CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Vacay

Jolleen, Stephanie, Jack, me, Mandy, and Sarah. Krystal had already left. Bummer.


I said in an earlier post that I'd be writing about my little girly trip with my college friends. I had been waiting for some good pictures since I didn't take many, but my child is sleeping (for the second time today! More on that later) and I figured I seize the moment.
About three weeks ago, my favorite girls and I rented a house on the Oregon Coast. It was wonderful. We were just about a block and a half from the beach and the house was just perfect  for us. We hadn't all been together at the same place for two years and it was so great to just be us. In case you didn't know, we're really funny people. And we're more fun to be around than most people. You'd like to hang out with us. 
We really didn't do much while we were there. We shopped one day, played at the beach, ate way too much and watched some movies (in fact, we watched You've Got Mail twice. Good movie.) It was perfect. They all loved Jack, at least that's what they told me, and he loved them. One night we were sitting around singing Sandy Patty and the Friendship Company songs (you know, 'cause we're down like that) and Jack just loved it. Jolleen was starting all of the singing and when we'd stop for a minute, he'd look at her as if to say, "Excuse me, lady! Keep the singing coming."
It was much needed. Now that Mandy doesn't live in stupid Kansas City anymore, we can probably do it more often. Yea! Love those girls.

On another note, Jack is sleeping in his own bed again. For the second time today.YEA! I think it's because he got his shots yesterday and they're making him sleepy. I'm kinda okay with it. Would I be a terrible mother if I wanted him to get shots everyday? Yeah, probably.


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ohhh how I need some girly time!

Glad you had a hoot.

You've got mail...twice? Really?

J said...

Hecks yeah, we are darn funny! :) Giordi, you are truly a favorite of mine.